The latest work of Tim Burton“Wednesday“, is one of the biggest hits of Netflix of the year. A TV series that has been captivating billions of viewers since its first episode last November. What perhaps not everyone knows is that the saga was partly filmed in Romania, a stone’s throw from Bucharest, in the Buftea studieswhere the city that does not exist or Jericho was rebuilt.
Flavian Dobre worked on the production and now organizes guided tours of the studios: “An incredible production that required more than eight months of work and involved extraordinary people, people who also restored the splendor of Romanian cinema and made sure that the production took place here at the Buftea Studios, a place that has a very strong emotional, cinematographic and cultural impact”.
Many Romanian natural settings were used to shoot this series and for local tourism it is a great opportunity. Various technicians, extras and actors participated in the production. For the key role of “Thing”, the disembodied hand, a Romanian magician who has now become a star was selected. His name is: Victor Dorobaniu: “It’s my acting debut. I don’t know what to say. I was stunned and still am. Because now, after the release of the TV series, all the media and televisions in the world continue to to talk about how this character was created. From what I understand it was the biggest trivia of this series.”
Wednesday fans will now be able to visit the locations of their favorite series in anticipation of the second season, which would already be in preparation ready to be filmed in the same studios in Bucharest. Just waiting for the take.
The cult series
- “Wednesday” is a series in 8 episodes, a mystery with investigative and supernatural tones that traces Wednesday Addams’ years as a student at Nevermore Academy, describing the attempts to control her paranormal powers, to foil a monstrous series of murders that terrorize the local community and to solve the mystery involving her parents 25 years ago… all while exploring new and complicated relationships at Nevermore.
- More than 182 million households have watched the series since its debut.
- Wednesday surpassed one billion viewing hours just three weeks after debuting, joining Stranger Things 4 and Squid Game as the third title to reach that milestone in its first 28 days.
- The series broke the record for the most hours viewed in a week for an English-language TV series on Netflix — not once, but twice — when it debuted in first place with a record 341.23 million hours viewed. , and again in its second week with a staggering 411.29 million hours viewed.
- To date, Wednesday has been six consecutive weeks with more than 100 million hours viewed on the Most Popular (English-Language) TV Products Chart – another record!
- On TikTok, #WednesdayAddams has amassed over 22 billion views.
- Wednesday’s soundtrack hit #1 on the iTunes Soundtrack Chart, where it remained in the Top 10 for three weeks. Wednesday Addams now has over 1 million followers on Spotify.