MOST IMPORTANT COMICS IN HISTORY
Comics and graphic novels they are becoming more and more known to the general public, since the cinema began to take its cue from this type of literature to give life to films and TV series.
And yet, even if they have always been a bit niche, comics come from afar: who has never heard of baby mousethe masterpiece of Walt Disney? You hate Dylan Dogor again TEX? The comics of Marvel and DC Comics, two of the largest comic book publishers in the world, have instead inspired the imagination of great heroes that have come down to us, as well as some of the most important film productions ever.
So let’s start our journey inside the most famous and important comics in history, starting from the beginning.
THE FIRST COMICS: MICKEY MOUSE
The firstor fumetto della story is stator the Yellow Kid, pubblicato noel 1895 dall‘edithours Richard f.
the Yellow Kid is considerato the firstor veror fumetto always, bitichAnd is stator the firstor to usare ato story Of piu pagine that yes sviluppava noel weather.
IS stator a successor istantaneor And has toforto there strada agthere innumerasvolthe fumetti that you knowrebberor selfguittheamong which, the most famous, Mickey Mouse.
Mickey Mouse is a cartoon character created by Walt Disney in 1928. He made his first appearance in the short film Steamboat Willie and has since become the most famous animation character in the world. Mickey Mouse is important because he has inspired generations of children with his stories of friendship, adventure and hope.
It also paved the way for using animation technology to tell stories more effectively.
ITALIAN COMICS: TEX AND DYLAN DOG
TEX is a series of historical-western comics created by Giovanni Luigi Bonelli and Aurelio Galleppini. The story revolves around the main character, Tex Willera Texan who has traveled the world for help the weak and punish the wicked. The comic follows his adventures in search of justice and truth in a world of injustice and violence. The series was first published in Italy in 1948 and has since become one of the most beloved and long-lived series in the history of Italian comics.
Dylan Dog it’s a horror series created by Tiziano Sclavi. The story follows the adventures of Dylan Dog, a private investigator with a dark past, who investigates cases involving monsters, demons and other supernatural beings. The series was first published in 1986 and has become one of the most popular series in the history of Italian comics.
AMERICAN COMICS: THE 5 MOST IMPORTANT
Marvel And DC Comics are the two largest comic book publishers in the world. Both publishers publish a wide variety of comics spanning a variety of genres, including action, adventure, horror, science fiction, and comedy. However, there are some differences between their stories and their characters:
- Marvel focuses more on superhero stories, and has a greater emphasis on characters as contemporary heroes with real problems and challenges;
- DC Comics it focuses more on adventure and mystery stories and has a greater emphasis on characters as mythical heroes beyond measure.
Here are the most notable comics:
- Superman: One of the first comic book superheroes, Superman has been a much-loved character since he first appeared in 1938. The story of how an extraterrestrial child landed on Earth and was raised by a farming couple captured the imaginations of millions of readers from all over the world.
- Spider-Man: Comics’ first teenage hero, Spider-Man was created in 1962 and has become one of the most popular and recognizable characters in the world. The story of an ordinary boy with incredible powers and forced to take responsibility for her life and the lives of others has entered popular culture.
- The X-Men: Created in 1963, the X-Men saga paved the way for the acceptance of mutants as a metaphor for diversity. The story of a group of superpowered people who face discrimination and fear of society has made this comic a must-read for anyone who wants to understand the challenges facing people living outside the bounds of normality.
- Batman: Created in 1939, Batman has inspired generations of readers with the story of a millionaire with a troubled past who at some point chooses to take up arms against crime. With his advanced technologies and fighting prowess, Batman has become one of comics’ most beloved and recognizable heroes.
- Watchmen: This 1986 comic revolutionized the superhero genre, showing how a group of heroes take on a world that doesn’t understand them. A story of personal strife, complex politics and a narrative of great depth: with these elements, Watchmen has become a comic book classic.
COMICS-BASED TV SERIES
But what are the main TV series based on comics?
- Batman (1989-present): A series of films and television series based on the DC Comics character Batman.
- Spider-Man (2002-present): A series of films and television series based on the Marvel Comics character Spider-Man.
- Superman (1978-present): A series of films and television series based on the DC Comics character Superman.
- The Avengers (2012-present): A series of films and television series based on the Marvel Comics characters The Avengers.
- X-Men (2000-present): A series of films and television series based on the Marvel Comics X-Men characters.
- Iron Man (2008-2013): A series of films and television series based on the Marvel Comics character Iron Man.
- Wonder Woman (2017-present): A series of films and television series based on the DC Comics character Wonder Woman.
- Watchmen (2009): A film based on the DC Comics Watchmen.
- The Walking Dead (2010-present): A television series based on the Image Comics comic strip The Walking Dead.