Apex Legends is focusing on all things supernatural during its upcoming Spellbound Collection event, with over 24 puzzling new items. As players work their way to the latest cosmetics, they will also notice some battle royale gameplay adjustments. From popular weapons that drop the crafter to a surprising Hop-Up nerf, here’s what’s in store for the Apex Legends game once the Spellbound Collection event hits.
Apex Legends Spellbound Collection Event Patch Notes
In addition to Seer’s Showstoppers Heirloom, the Spellbound Collection also looks to add several changes to the overall gameplay experience. The January 10 update is set to introduce a new crafting rotation, which finally sees the Peacekeeper Shotgun and Spitfire LMG return as ground loot. However, some other available loot will be significantly buffed or nerfed. Notably, the damage provided by Anvil Receiver Hop-Up will soon be reduced across multiple weapons, while Sentinel can be charged with a single shield cell. You can find the full patch notes for the Spellbound event below.
Related: Who is Ballistic in Apex Legends? All leaked skills and more.
All crafting rotations and weapon changes.
- brewing rotation
- G7 Scout enters the crafter
- CAR SMG enters the crafter
- Spitfire returns to the ground
- Peacemaker returns to the floor
- Anvil Catcher Leap
- Limb damage multiplier reduced from 0.9 to 0.75.
- Flatline damage reduced from 43 to 39
- R301 damage reduced from 35 to 32
- G7 Explorer
- Damage reduced from 34 to 32
- Prowler Burst PDW
- Damage increased from 14 to 15
- The sniper now requires one shield cell to charge up its damage stat (previously required two shield cells).
- Fixed Mirage Lures not displaying the shield regeneration effect when near a Wattson Pylon or in Control or Gun Game modes.
- Added 10 new welcome challenges to help new players learn Apex.
- New “Apex 101” badge reward for completing all 10 welcome challenges.
- Character switching in the shooting range now has a smoother third-person transition.
- Fixed a rare issue with the Mobile Respawn Beacon sometimes spawning the Dropship out of bounds.
- Fixed issue with ability previews when entering Phase Portals.
- Doors now always appear as damaged when they are within a melee attack of being destroyed.
- Caustic Town Takeover loot cans now behave more reliably in control mode.
- Reduced the visual effects of Caustic’s gas flash.
- Fixed a rare client crash with IMC Armories.
- Fixed the raven on the Bloodhound Niflheim Hundr skin to appear as a target more reliably.
- DirectX 12 beta: Added support for brightness slider in all display modes.
- DirectX 12 beta: Fixed crash with setting.mat_backbuffer_count “0” in videoconfig.txt settings. Note that running Apex Legends on DirectX 11 (DX11) requires the operating system to use an additional buffer for compositing, which was not counted in mat_backbuffer_count. DX12 includes that required buffer in mat_backbuffer_count, so DX12 in fullscreen mode with “1” will have as low latency as DX11 with “0”.
- Fixed issue where Crypto could survey while using his drone by removing the HUD.
- Fixed issue where lobby tabs would enter an unresponsive state after changing resolution on PC.
- Adjusted the hold and tap logic for controller players to see weapons in Loadouts to make them more responsive.